Aug 11, 2008

Working on engine

Hello everyone!

I'm on the right way, I feel it. Hamish Wilson told me that I should draw the game myself instead of using the sprites of the game. Anyway, I don't like using raster in flash. I'm done with Caleb, now I'm working on the basic engine, the walk-jump-shoot stuff. I'd like to make indoor scenes, such as entering a storage through door or blast through way into a wall. When Caleb is indoors the wall fades out.

Caleb will have the basic weapons from Blood:
-pitchfork
-flare gun
-sawed off shotgun
-thompson gun
-dynamite (the normal and proximity versions only)
-napalm cannon
-woo-doo doll

Caleb might have:
-some electric weapon
-spray with lighter (flame gun)

If you have any favorite weapon that you like I might add it into the game.

Don't forget, I still need ideas with the story!

Here's a little preview:
Caleb preview

controls so far:
Left/right arrow keys - run left/right
up/down arrow keys - aim up/down
space - jump

soon to be controls:
numbers - weapon select
the arrow keys will be replaced with WASD
some fire buttons
action button to open doors or use switches

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know why your game doesn't score a full 5 on NG? That's because it doesn't have the chainsaw and magnum.

CHAINSAW. MAGNUM. REMEMBER TO ADD.

Anonymous said...

"Chainsaw"? That wasn't in Blood or Blood II (that was in Doom), though it still would be cool to see Caleb use it on some cultists :-) - Graham Wilson