Aug 6, 2008

Sounds

All right. Sounds are ready to use. It is very difficult to get the sounds of Blood. From Blood 2 it's enough to have WinRez. It can extract every data from games using LithTech engine. In case of Blood it's more difficult. First, get GFE (Game File Explorer). Extract all the RAW files. I found the SFX files useless. Then get a sound editor (I used SoundForge) that can open RAW files. You have to set the Sample Type (it's 8bit or 16bit) and the bit rate (it was 11025). Then I re-saved the files as WAV files. There's no header to RAW files, that's why you have to set these manually. This cause a glitch at the beginning of mostly every sound files. I did all this and sorted out the files (level, monsters, weapons, caleb, announcer, etc). If I need a sound in the flash game I still have to remove the glitch. I didn't do this because there were more than 400 sound files in the archive. I hope I can help anyone with this review of extracting sounds from Blood or Blood 2.

In addition: the sfx files might have a purpose to be of help when opening files, I don't really know...

No comments: